Pi Day Dash Returns in 2020!
Registration is capped at 2,000 participants so make sure you sign up early!
DUE TO URGENT RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND CDC, THE PI DAY DASH IS NOW A VIRTUAL RUN ONLY. THERE WILL NO LONGER BE A LIVE EVENT ON MARCH 14TH. MORE DETAILS TO COME. THE VIRTUAL CATEGORY IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE A BIB AND SHIRT WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
It is with heavy hearts that the Pi Day Dash announces it is following King County and the CDCs latest updates to avoid large public gatherings. We are in the process of converting the Pi Day Dash into a Virtual Event. The safety of our volunteers, vendors, and participants is our top priority. This is incredibly disappointing for us, and we know it’s disappointing for our participants. Per our stated policy and waiver signed during registration, we cannot offer refunds but are working on more details for you to participate in our virtual run.
Our race shirts and bib numbers have already been printed and delivered and we absolutely want you to have yours! Safeway has generously donated pies to our event and are happy to honor that donation, even with the change to a virtual run. We will have these pies to hand out in person at packet pickups.
We are offering additional packet pickup options and will be taking extra precautions: using gloves and hand sanitizer, no high fives or handshakes. We encourage you to send one person to pick up multiple packets – we understand these are extraordinary times right now and are lifting our usual ID restrictions around packet pickup. It will be the good old-fashioned honor system.
Packet Pickup Opportunities:
- Friday, March 13th: Brooks Trailhead store in Wallingford, 11am to 7pm (pie arrival from Safeway is TBD)
- Saturday, March 14th: Magnuson Park Hangar 30 Parking Lot (we will have a tent, we will not have access to the Hangar), 8am to 11am (we will have pies)
- Saturday, March 14th: Redmond Super Jock ‘n Jill, 1pm – 6pm (we will have pies)
We are working on the details of a Virtual Run and will send out more info as we confirm things! We encourage you to get outside and run 3.14 miles and share your results with us:
- Join our Virtual Strava Run, limited to Pi Day Dash registrants, and log your miles and photos for everyone to see
- Post your photos and results on our facebook page using #therewillbepie and #pidaydash2020
- Email us your name, distance, time, and any photos to email@example.com
We will mail out awards and post about our top finishers as well as some extra contests like best costume, best selfie, and finishing time incorporating the most digits of pie (to name a few).
We are sorry to deliver this disappointing news. We appreciate your patient and understanding while we work out details.
-Your Pi Day Dash Team
Online registration for this event is currently closed